• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

posession of marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tld_98

El Paso, texas. My fiance and i got pulled over while traveling through el paso. The cops "say" they smell weed. they call the drug dogs to search. I had a small bag of weed on me. before the dogs get there, my fiance voluntarilly shows the cop what he smelled- a roach in the ashtray. they place my fiance under arrest for possesion. they still bring the drug dogs. the dogs says he smells something in the trunk. My purse was in the trunk. they ask to look in it, I gave them my permission. They found a piece of paper with some seeds and stems and maybe about a bowl of weed in it. I did not know it was in there, and i told them that. they arrested me for posession. after i was already placed under arrest, i decided to give them the bag of weed in my pocket-they were going to find it anyway. Now my boyfriend wants to take full blame for it all and say all the weed was his.even though they found it on me,and in my purse, if he admits guilt and takes all the responsibility, how likely are they to drop the charges on me? This is my first offense. I was arrested in a different state than I live. If I am placed on probation, will I be on probation in texas only, or in new mexico also? Somebody PLEASE respond with some kind of opinion or advice.Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">