• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Notguilty2019

What is the name of your state?Texas
I'm 53yo female charged with felony 3 possession. First offense & no criminal or drug history. My roommate is ending probation for a DWI. We are both good people and always trying to help others. She owns a small travel trailer we both reside in located on ex-husbands property. Her probation officer did a home visit for the first time ever (I've been there a year). He extended the search to a common area (built bathroom) located outside of dwelling where he found some illegal drugs in a tiny cupboard that belonged to me. This is a bathroom that is used by various guests visiting property, including underage friends of her son. Neither of us had any knowledge of the drugs. I was arrested and charged but feel confident of beating these charges. However, she was just informed by her probation officer if I do not plead guilty to the offense, she would be. She was drug tested right on the spot and was found negative. I don't think I should have to live with a felony conviction just so her record remains clear of these charges nor should she be punished for something neither of us had anything to do with. What can I do? (I have some suspicion of fowel play as no other areas were searched and they seemed to know exactly where to look to find whatever they were looking for. Side note: We live in a very small town where everyone knows/hears everything (as the deputies gossip in public as well) and this has all been very traumatic and embarrassing for me to deal with. As the result, I've become homeless, my vehicle has recently experienced mechanical issues and am now without transportation and seeking new living arrangements. I have a job, but not a good one, as there are no good jobs in such a small town. She was helping me out and giving me a place to stay. How can we both be exonerated of these charges and freed from this nightmare!!??

quincy

What is the name of your state?Texas
I'm 53yo female charged with felony 3 possession. First offense & no criminal or drug history. My roommate is ending probation for a DWI. We are both good people and always trying to help others. She owns a small travel trailer we both reside in located on ex-husbands property. Her probation officer did a home visit for the first time ever (I've been there a year). He extended the search to a common area (built bathroom) located outside of dwelling where he found some illegal drugs in a tiny cupboard that belonged to me. This is a bathroom that is used by various guests visiting property, including underage friends of her son. Neither of us had any knowledge of the drugs. I was arrested and charged but feel confident of beating these charges. However, she was just informed by her probation officer if I do not plead guilty to the offense, she would be. She was drug tested right on the spot and was found negative. I don't think I should have to live with a felony conviction just so her record remains clear of these charges nor should she be punished for something neither of us had anything to do with. What can I do? (I have some suspicion of fowel play as no other areas were searched and they seemed to know exactly where to look to find whatever they were looking for. Side note: We live in a very small town where everyone knows/hears everything (as the deputies gossip in public as well) and this has all been very traumatic and embarrassing for me to deal with. As the result, I've become homeless, my vehicle has recently experienced mechanical issues and am now without transportation and seeking new living arrangements. I have a job, but not a good one, as there are no good jobs in such a small town. She was helping me out and giving me a place to stay. How can we both be exonerated of these charges and freed from this nightmare!!??
The best way for both of you to increase your chances of a favorable outcome is for each of you to have your own attorney to assist with your defenses.

It would be beyond stupid to confess to a crime you didn't commit.

Say nothing to the police or to your roommate about the drugs. Exercise your right to remain silent. Speak only to your attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">