• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession of Marijuana Charge and Med Card

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bcthoma6

I live in the State of Arizona. I was arrested Early 2018 for possession of marijuana. After that AZ, then gave me the only option to fight the charge or go to The TASC Diversion center. Later that year I obtained a med-card, that I use for medical purposes. At the time of arrest I was using it for experimental reasons to see if it helped my medical condition. I picked the tasc option rather than having a felony on my record. How does having a med-card affect my ruling? is there a third option on the table?

xylene

What are you looking to have happen?

Do you want to undo TASC and have a criminal trial at which you raise medical as a defense... even though you didn't have a card/recommend AT THE TIME.. which means you'd lose, if this was even possible.

Are you looking to smoke / use MMJ while on TASC? That also won't happen.

FlyingRon

It doesn't affect things. We don't let people try out drugs in advance of getting a prescription or other authorization to take them.

quincy

I live in the State of Arizona. I was arrested Early 2018 for possession of marijuana. After that AZ, then gave me the only option to fight the charge or go to The TASC Diversion center. Later that year I obtained a med-card, that I use for medical purposes. At the time of arrest I was using it for experimental reasons to see if it helped my medical condition. I picked the tasc option rather than having a felony on my record. How does having a med-card affect my ruling? is there a third option on the table?
Arizona's medical marijuana laws are currently being challenged so you might want to discuss the specifics of your marijuana charge with your attorney ... but offhand I don't see a "third option" for you.

Don't see that getting a med card will help any. At the time of the offense you didn't have the card, and it's validity is not retroactive.
Sort of like having a crash in your car when you don't have insurance. Getting insurance after the event won't change the fact that you were uninsured at the time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">