• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession Of Paraphanalia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohio.

I visit the same convenience store almost daily, so I have conversation with the regular clerks.
One of the younger ones (maybe 22) told me this story today about what happened to him last night.
He said that he was getting a ride from a friend and that the friend got pulled over (for what, I'm unsure).
At some point the Police found paraphanalia under the passenger seat that he was in (what type of paraphanalia I'm unsure...guessing marijuana).
He was arrested and charged with Possesion Of Paraphanalia.

There were other customers coming in and out so our conversation wasn't detailed but I did ask him a couple of questions

Were you related to the driver in any way? No

Roomates? Barely even friends

Was it yours? No (emphatically), he even said that he could take a drug test any day anytime with or without notice and pass with flying colors.

Did you know it was in the car? No

Did you see the guy using it in the car or any other time in the night? No

Did you know he used? I never saw him but I guess I kind of new that.

I've thought of a ton of other questions that I wish I could have asked him and probably will.

I'm assuming, from his job and age that he can't afford a lawyer, he may be able to get one appointed to him...I've had experience (or lack of) with a court appointed lawyer in the same court he's going to and I've gotten more information and better advice from this site (different forum) than him...in fact this site, combined with my own research got me a dismissal and a not guilty verdict (I wasn't guilty).

I've made a cursory look at the Ohio Revised Code and can't find the law (I'll ask him for the code when I see him next). I'll look further after I post this.

So, I'm curious....does he have any defense(assuming, and I do, that so far he's been telling me the truth)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">