• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession of wax with underage kids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shsgsgsh

Pennsylvania
Say I’m above the age of 18 driving and have two passengers under 18. I get pulled over for a faulty taillight and the officer smells weed and searches me but doesn’t find anything. They search my friend (who is under 18) and find a 1 gram wax cartridge and battery. My other friend (also under 18) is found with an empty pill bottle used to hold weed. They search the car and don’t find anything else. What would I get charged with and what would an estimate be on the fine?

Last edited:

FlyingRon

It's possible that you could be charged with possession of the wax, which would be good for $500 (plus costs) and 30 days in jail or with possession of the paraphernalia (the vaping stuff and the bottle) which is good for $2500 and/or a year in jail. However, since these weren't found under your direct control, it's doubtful they will charge you.

Even so, do not speak to the police without an attorney (I'd be researching one now in case you are charged). The attorney will almost certainly advise you not speak to the police at all.

quincy

Pennsylvania
Say I’m above the age of 18 driving and have two passengers under 18. I get pulled over for a faulty taillight and the officer smells weed and searches me but doesn’t find anything. They search my friend (who is under 18) and find a 1 gram wax cartridge and battery. My other friend (also under 18) is found with an empty pill bottle used to hold weed. They search the car and don’t find anything else. What would I get charged with and what would an estimate be on the fine?
You (probably) will be ticketed for the broken taillight - a summary offense, $25 fine.

I think you will have to wait to see what else, if anything, you are charged with. Could be nothing. Your friends, on the other hand, may need an attorney's assistance.

I recommend you fix your taillight.

Good luck.

adjusterjack

Don't wait to be "charged" to invoke the right to an attorney. Invoke if the police want to talk to you at all. It's what you say before being "charged" that can get you "charged."

quincy

Right. If questioned by the police, exercise your right to remain silent and refer all questions to your attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">