• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

myfault

Texas
Dear Sir or Madam;

I have a question to which I would like some assistance with.
This is taken out of my divorce decree verbatim
"Return of children by Daniel Cruz--Daniel Cruz is ordered to return the children to the residence of Lea Cruz at the end of each period of possession. However, it is ordered that if, Daniel Cruz's county of residence remains the same after rendition of this order and Lea Cruz's county of residence changes, effective on the date of the change of residence by Lea Cruz, Daniel Cruz shall surrender the children to Lea Cruz at the residence of Daniel Cruz."

My question is this......if I move out of my county of residence, does this still require Lea Cruz to Pick up the kids at my residence? And further, if she moves back into the county where we filed would I have to go back to dropping them off at her residence?

The divorce was filed in Harris county, Lea Cruz has since moved to Brazoria county and I have relocated to Ft. Bend county. Lea Cruz however is thinking of moving back to Harris county....

Thank you

Daniel L. Cruz

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Well that's a mess. I would suggest that the two of you try to work out a way to split the driving. But if she refuses, your likely recourse is either suck it up or take it to court for a modification.

M

myfault

Thanks Momma Tiger, the problem is she does not want to find a resolution.......she thinks that it should be my sole responsiblity

A

annefan1000

The Cruzes move alot!

Your order basically gives you both the freedom to relocate to another county. At the commencement of the order, it was your responsibility to return the children to the mother's residence after your visit. If the mother moved from point A to point B and back again fifty times, the mother would be responsible to retrieve the children after your visit from your residence, according to your post.

My understanding of your order is that it states that once a move is made on the mother's part, the responsibilty falls on her to retrieve the children from your residence thereafter.

If what you produced here was the entire script, it does not seem to offer any alternative were you to be the one to move. It appears that it would still be the mother's responsibility to pick up the children at the end of your visit. Since she "does not want to find a resolution....." you might want to check into a modification to clarify your responsibilities (and hers) in more detail.

M

myfault

Thanks Annefan, yes the cruzes do move alot. What I posted is the entire paragraph verbatim....Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">