• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possibility for a Libel Case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jun Jun

What is the name of your state? California

Soul Train recently posted an article on their website with profanity and attacks towards me and BET. You can view the saved site, which was deleted at their site, at www.messed-up.com/soultrain1.htm and also other remarks are located on their site at www.soultrain.com.

I've been adviced by many people that this is possible grounds for a libel case. Is this valid?

Last edited:

J

Jun Jun

stephenk said:
Depends. Who are you in the article? Are any of the statements directed to you the truth?
I am Rommel Zamora, the person they refer to as the creator of a petition.

stephenk

Are the statements they make about you the truth? If yes, then you have no libel case. If some are true and some are false, it will then depend on the extent of the falsehoods and how they relate to the truthful statements. If it is all false, then you just have to show how the statements damaged you - business reputation, community reputation, loss of earnings, etc.

JETX

I have looked at the site you referred to... and couldn't find your name anywhere on the link. I was also unable to find ANYTHING with your name on the soultrain site you referenced.

Simply, without anything that DIRECTLY links defamatory comments to you.... you have no case.

J

Jun Jun

While not, in any way, intending to promote racism, we must concede that we are also, quite, amazed that such a large group of individuals, undoubtedly, mostly African-American, can be provoked toward such vivid expressions of disrespect and hateful speech (against a young, Black recording artist, as well as Soul Train), under the leadership of an individual whose foreign-sounding name (Rommel Zamora), may be an indication that he is not African-American.

I don't know how you can miss it, it is headlined in the front page...

Last edited:

stephenk

I have to agree with Halket. Your name is not mentioned anywhere in the article that you linked in your original post.

K

knorris

I found It

If you go to soultrain.com click on ''read more'' his name is mentioned. Their only expressing their opinion and everyone has one. Kathie

J

Jun Jun

Re: I found It

knorris72142 said:
If you go to soultrain.com click on ''read more'' his name is mentioned. Their only expressing their opinion and everyone has one. Kathie
Ok because a lot of people were telling me I should sue them. Guess not...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">