• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible Bad Faith

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
I'm a Florida resident. I'm currently receiving LTD from 2 policies(non-ERISA). I'm considering moving to Tennessee. If I'm denied benefits in the future due to bad faith , where would the case be litigated? Also, are there any differences in how the 2 states handle bad faith insurance cases?




Dear ecc5,

The case would be litigated in your state of residence. As far as I know bioth states allow for bad faith damages; however, in Florida you will need to first file a special notice and demand form through the Florida Dept. of Insurance. This allows the Insurance company 60 days to satisfy your demands or be subject to bad faith claims.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential