• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible Disclosure Problem?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jfkfc

What is the name of your state? NJ

In selling my house in NJ, our buyer is making demands left and right in different ways. We are selling for financial reasons/constraints, and I am thinking that the buyer is so confidently asking for different financial considerations to be made by us (full credit for a new roof, money in escrow for repairs that may or may not come up, etc) because our agent might have disclosed personal information about our situation to the buyer's agent.

Would I be able to get advice on how to find out what the buyer's agent knows about our situation? At first, the buyer was extremely reasonable, but now, it seems as though he knows more than he should, or is advised in that way. I certainly hope I am not being paranoid, but what the heck?

Thanks much in advance.

HomeGuru

jfkfc said:
What is the name of your state? NJ

In selling my house in NJ, our buyer is making demands left and right in different ways. We are selling for financial reasons/constraints, and I am thinking that the buyer is so confidently asking for different financial considerations to be made by us (full credit for a new roof, money in escrow for repairs that may or may not come up, etc) because our agent might have disclosed personal information about our situation to the buyer's agent.

Would I be able to get advice on how to find out what the buyer's agent knows about our situation? At first, the buyer was extremely reasonable, but now, it seems as though he knows more than he should, or is advised in that way. I certainly hope I am not being paranoid, but what the heck?

Thanks much in advance.
**A: have a heart-to-heart talk with your real estate agent and discover the truth. Then post back.

J

jfkfc

She is a long-time family friend, that looking back, we probably shouldn't have used because of the relationship. I am thinking that she might have mentioned things to the other agent "in our best interests", but would not admit to doing it.

HomeGuru

Ok, then I guess given the circumtances, your'e between a rock and a friendship.
This is the sale of your home and only business. Keep personal asides aside. Treat this agent properly in accordance with the business transaction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">