• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possible discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1971cruiser

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

Looking for some advice on an issue I have with the state of Oregon in regards to education. I am currently enrolled in an electrical appreticeship. Under the rules of the apprenticeship I am required to attend 244 hours og related education. The State likes for people to use courses provided by 2 community colleges, this is not feasable for everyone including myself to attend. I was able to find Penn Foster that will provide the same if not better course material Via distance learing. I was also told thate the Oregon Dept of corrections is currently using this program provided by Penn Foster. The trouble is comming from the Bureau of labor industries, they are saying the prison system is a special case and I have to go to the community college. I believe this to be unjust and discrimenitory. Why should I be held to a different standard of education. I should have the right to educate myself werever I want, all that should matter is that it is accredited. Can some one tell me if I have a case, and if so what type of attorney should I seek

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

Looking for some advice on an issue I have with the state of Oregon in regards to education. I am currently enrolled in an electrical appreticeship. Under the rules of the apprenticeship I am required to attend 244 hours og related education. The State likes for people to use courses provided by 2 community colleges, this is not feasable for everyone including myself to attend. I was able to find Penn Foster that will provide the same if not better course material Via distance learing. I was also told thate the Oregon Dept of corrections is currently using this program provided by Penn Foster. The trouble is comming from the Bureau of labor industries, they are saying the prison system is a special case and I have to go to the community college. I believe this to be unjust and discrimenitory. Why should I be held to a different standard of education. I should have the right to educate myself werever I want, all that should matter is that it is accredited. Can some one tell me if I have a case, and if so what type of attorney should I seek
No you don't have the right to educate yourself in the manner of your choosing. If you are going to be licensed or accredited by a specific association you must comply with their requirements.

Please don't waste your money on an attorney. Either get with their program, or find another program that fits what you are looking for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">