• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possible harrasment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

teampurple

I live in Pennsylvania.

I saw on a social media site a post directed towards me with a threat. Upon reading comments the lady made multiple comments about "beating me up" and harming me physically, as well as her sister also made threats. A few other people commented not nice things about me and the comments with threats were recieving likes. Then her sister went to her social media posting a threat also with my name on it as well as a following post reading "wheres my gun" & "something crazy coming soon". The whole situation is ugly as a publicized military man posts guns he has and announces her access to use them. I called the police dept and asked what could done if threats were made towards you and she said I could sue in court for harrasment.
My questions are as follows:

Is harrasment the only thing I can sue for? What about terroristic threats?

Do I have to sue more than 1 person then?

What are the possible punishments for someone found guilty of this? ( because I have all the paper proof)

quincy

I live in Pennsylvania.

I saw on a social media site a post directed towards me with a threat. Upon reading comments the lady made multiple comments about "beating me up" and harming me physically, as well as her sister also made threats. A few other people commented not nice things about me and the comments with threats were recieving likes. Then her sister went to her social media posting a threat also with my name on it as well as a following post reading "wheres my gun" & "something crazy coming soon". The whole situation is ugly as a publicized military man posts guns he has and announces her access to use them. I called the police dept and asked what could done if threats were made towards you and she said I could sue in court for harrasment.
My questions are as follows:

Is harrasment the only thing I can sue for? What about terroristic threats?

Do I have to sue more than 1 person then?

What are the possible punishments for someone found guilty of this? ( because I have all the paper proof)
Are those who made the threats identified? Or are they posting anonymously?

If any one of those who is posting threats is identified, do you know this person? Does this person reside in Pennsylvania?

As a note, most social media sites will remove objectionable content upon request if the content violates the terms and conditions of the site.

edit to add: See Pa Cons Stat Title 18 Section 2709, Stalking and Harassment (which includes cyberstalking and cyberharassment).

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">