• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible Malpractice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

convoy71

What is the name of your state? PA

I had hand surgery back in April 2005 for removing a cist which looked like a toothpick in my hand (vertically), a hurt a bit and got on my nerves after 2 years. The surgery was simple and had to take off work (dishwasher) for 2 weeks.

Now it is August 2005 and apparently the cist of returning, already. What I'm frustrated with is the doctor NEVER SAID ONE WORD OR GAVE ME IN WRITTEN FORM that the cist COULD RETURN. If that was the case I would never had the surgery.

I have not contacted him yet but what kind of case do I have if claimed malpractice since I was never informed it could come back.

rmet4nzkx

convoy71 said:

I had hand surgery back in April 2005 for removing a cist which looked like a toothpick in my hand (vertically), a hurt a bit and got on my nerves after 2 years. The surgery was simple and had to take off work (dishwasher) for 2 weeks.

Now it is August 2005 and apparently the cist of returning, already. What I'm frustrated with is the doctor NEVER SAID ONE WORD OR GAVE ME IN WRITTEN FORM that the cist COULD RETURN. If that was the case I would never had the surgery.

I have not contacted him yet but what kind of case do I have if claimed malpractice since I was never informed it could come back.
No there is no cause of action for malpractice because a CYST returns after surgery.
Please quit looking for things to sue for, this isn't the lottery.

convoy71

Possible Malpractice

This is nothing to do with the cist. I said he never informed me verbal or written the cyst would return. That was his job and I assume required to inform me of that.

Please quit looking for things to sue for, this isn't the lottery.
Some people do think that way but this website I assumed is to help inform people not rude/sarcastic replies.

I never said I was going after him for a lawsuit I wanted to know if I had a case.

rmet4nzkx

convoy71 said:
This is nothing to do with the cist. I said he never informed me verbal or written the cyst would return. That was his job and I assume required to inform me of that.

Some people do think that way but this website I assumed is to help inform people not rude/sarcastic replies.

I never said I was going after him for a lawsuit I wanted to know if I had a case.
The answer doesn't change.
Sorry.

panzertanker

convoy71 said:

No, you have no case.

When you go to the doctor and you are treated for an upper respiratory infection....and it comes back, do you think you have a case then because you were never told "it might come back"???

Re-read your post out loud so you can hear how ridiculous it sounds....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">