• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible Medical Product Liability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

navyman

Indiana, I am worried for my wife of 21 yrs marriage, ever since she had a ct scan/mylogram, she has been in ill health ever since this procedure happened, and i tried talking with five different attorneys and explained in detail how we arrived at this point, and was turned away because we did not have any testimonial from a doctor that would go up against his fellow practicioners, i was told in Indiana they protect the doctor's here and you have to prove it in front of a medical review board panel, which would consist of fellow doctors who in turn would side with the doctor in a biased based decision and throw out any case before it would reach the jury. now i in turn now point a finger at the company who made the dye, supposedly iodine based also water based i really do not have a chemical breakdown of the dye and i am seeking this thru the FDA, i believe there is some harmful material in the product and consider to pursue it dilligently and try to get my wifes health back! meanwhile do i have a legal format to pursue this with an attorney. my wife's medical maladies did not arrive until this procedure happened, i will impart some of the medical issues briefly, spinal inflamation, neck inflamed, 24/7 headaches, weakness in leg, light sensitivity, gall bladder removal,hiatus hernia, duodenem ulcers, small intestines inflamed, loss of appetite, vomiting, stomach pains, fibroids on uterus walls, urinary tract infections, vaginal infections, depression as a result of this and the list goes on! she has seen a Nerosurgeon with no answers, gi specialsit, numerous visits to local hospitals, hospitals outside of our locale, mri's, ct scans, x-rays. the original reason for going for the ct scan/mylogram was due to back pain. now this.. one thing positive is she is seeing a counselor who is very supportive of her trying to help her in this struggle of constant pain with no end! would appreciate any reply i am new here and desperate for some recourse.

H

Husband37

Navyman:

This is neither legal nor medical advice. However i noticed 3 or 4 things about your post that we may have in common. My wife, although not nearly as severe, has several of the same problems as well as examinations which your wife has endured. Second, you are obviously adept on the web and neither of you have many answers if any. Third, and you just fill in the category and don't answer in the forum. Are you an active navy man, retired navy man or veteran? In any case, documentation, research of her records by you or her, and then research by you or her on the web should, in my opinion, be your priorities. That is the stuff that may help your wife, as well as the kind of stuff that will help with Attorneys. Especially if its based in studied facts, proven and referenced by professionals. I found the Armed Forces Institue of Pathology (www.afip.gov) a good starting point, especially since you may have some military affiliation. Whether that is the case or not its still a good place for second opinions for both civilians and military. I won't even get into whether it can be used legally, thats for another profession.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">