• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible moving violations ob a parked car?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bcp2132

Pennsylvania
All honesty here. Last Saturday me and my wife took my car a few miles down the road into our small town to a birthday party and parked it across the street on the main road. Admittedly we ahould have taken our other vehicle but it wasnt drivable at the time. I havent renewed my license bc they sent my renewal car to the wrong address and the car has no insurance, current inspection, or registration. Also it seems the plates were invalid since dropping the insurance on it. As i was standing outside about 100 feet away from the car a family friend who happens to be a cop pulls up seeing the parked car and begins to assume I drove it. He just called me asking who to site for no insurance registration or inspection between me and my wife. Even though he never saw anyone driving the car can he actually fine us?

FlyingRon

As for insurance, PA requires continuous coverage on anything that's registered even if you have it locked up in a vault somewhere.

As for parking with an expired inspection, that would depend on the cite. It may be a municipal violation, I don't know of a state-wide requirement for inspections on vehicles not being operated.

pac72

I think even parking an unregistered uninspected vehicle on a public roadway in pa is illegal..as to your friend the cop seeing your unregistered/uninspected car assuming you drove it... ? you think hes a fool ? thinking you had it towed or pushed it there ???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">