• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible outcome for a possetion charge for uk citizen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jigga88

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? British Columbia.

I was just pulled over for speeding and cop smelled marijuana. I admitted I had some and offered it over, I had forgotten that there was also a tiny amount of cocaine (which i dont even use) in the box. Fact is it was there so I was charged for that to.

I am a UK citizen on a working holiday visa which expires on 30th July, my court date is July 10th.

What are the possible outcomes? Its a first offence.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Silverplum

I was just pulled over for speeding and cop smelled marijuana. I admitted I had some and offered it over, I had forgotten that there was also a tiny amount of cocaine (which i dont even use) in the box. Fact is it was there so I was charged for that to.

I am a UK citizen on a working holiday visa which expires on 30th July, my court date is July 10th.

Canada is not the United States. I wish they were: I'd like to be Presidentess of Canada. :cool:

We can't help you here: laws vary from country to country.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Well how about a similar situation in California or any US state?
Pick one of the 50+ different possibilities. Heck, why not break it down to a random town somewhere?

That law is not the same, period.

quincy

I can give you some advice that is good pretty much anywhere you travel: If you are carrying illegal drugs, do not break any other laws.

Speeding while in possession of marijuana and cocaine was not very smart.

There is a good bet that, even if you are not convicted on the drug charge, Canada will not want you visiting again. You might want to research other places to holiday (and to work).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">