• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible Religious Discrimination in Georgia.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Joyce

My Friend was just fired from his job in Atlanta. His last review in January 2000 was a very positive one. He has never had any displinary action taken. The only reason he can think of for his termination is his rejection of attending religious seminars his boss invited him to. The sole purpose of these seminars are to "find god" and get in touch with your inner self. He has documented all of the invitations execpt the first. My first question, is Georgia an "at will" state? Second, does this meet the legal definition of descrimination on the basis of religion? Third, what is his best course of action?

A

Attorney_Replogle

Since I only practice in CA, I don't know whether GA is an at-will state or not. Second, yes it most definitely sounds as if he was terminated unlawfully based on religion. Third, you should send him/her to an employment law attorney near you. You can find one at attorneypages.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">