• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible wrongful military discharge?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Thack09

June 2013 I enlisted into the Navy and left for basic training. 3 weeks in I get pulled from training and met with a Dr. The doctor proceeded to inform me that I tested positive for Hepatitis C. I asked her was there a way for me to stay in the service. She said that this was a automatic dq. She did have me retake the test to see if it was for the HCV(hep c virus) anti bodies or HCV viral load. I did test positive for viral load. So that was it I was getting the boot. I spent over 20 days in separations(pure hell and unneeded time to just sit and drive a sane man into insanity). I made it back home and seen a civilian Dr. And began a treatment for this. Within 2 weeks of treatment I became undetectable of a viral load and have been clear for over 9 months. As I've looked into some information about this I found that the Standard of medical fitness states "(Individuals who are known to have tested positive for hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection require confirmatory testing. If positive, individuals should be clinically evaluated for objective evidence of liver function impairment. If evaluation reveals no signs or symptoms of disease, the applicant meets the standards.)" I was not clinically evaluated and from the test that my civilian dr preformed I have and had NO detectable liver damage. I've had blood work done probably 15 times and a ultra sound of my liver. All showing no damage to my liver. My question is was this a wrongful discharge? To me it seems I should have had this testing preformed and after showing no liver damage been fit for duty! Someone help here!! Thanks all!!

Proserpina

June 2013 I enlisted into the Navy and left for basic training. 3 weeks in I get pulled from training and met with a Dr. The doctor proceeded to inform me that I tested positive for Hepatitis C. I asked her was there a way for me to stay in the service. She said that this was a automatic dq. She did have me retake the test to see if it was for the HCV(hep c virus) anti bodies or HCV viral load. I did test positive for viral load. So that was it I was getting the boot. I spent over 20 days in separations(pure hell and unneeded time to just sit and drive a sane man into insanity). I made it back home and seen a civilian Dr. And began a treatment for this. Within 2 weeks of treatment I became undetectable of a viral load and have been clear for over 9 months. As I've looked into some information about this I found that the Standard of medical fitness states "(Individuals who are known to have tested positive for hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection require confirmatory testing. If positive, individuals should be clinically evaluated for objective evidence of liver function impairment. If evaluation reveals no signs or symptoms of disease, the applicant meets the standards.)" I was not clinically evaluated and from the test that my civilian dr preformed I have and had NO detectable liver damage. I've had blood work done probably 15 times and a ultra sound of my liver. All showing no damage to my liver. My question is was this a wrongful discharge? To me it seems I should have had this testing preformed and after showing no liver damage been fit for duty! Someone help here!! Thanks all!!
Were you told that you are permanently dqd, or that you could try again later?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">