• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible wrongful termination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pirateswife

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

My dh was a firefighter w/ a fire dept on an indian reservation. He was in an off-duty accident earlier this year - was assaulted by a group of guys and lost vision in one of his eyes due to the injuries.

He was terminated from his job. They never even discussed making any provisions to keep him on.

There are firefighters that are still working (in other departments) even after losing vision in one eye.

We want to find out if this is considered wrongful termination, as well as discrimination against a disabled person.

But the employer is on tribal land, though the department does offer services beyond the reservation borders, working with the other municipal departments.

Just looking for any input, ideas, thoughts, suggestions.

I am now a wife to a (depressed) one-eyed pirate.

Blessings, and thanks in advance,
pirateswife

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If this happened on an Indian reservation, you will have to find an attorney who is versed in tribal law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">