• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Post 2004 Exam

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? AR
I wanted to see what you thought about the meeting today. As you know, I have posted some info about this meeting that was held today. I took all the documents I had. They swore me in and the lady asked ?'s while tape recording also there was an attorney present with her. She basically went through the schedules with me. She asked me if there was anything left off and I had not listed this computer, and she added it in. I also showed her the $32 royalty I had failed to add too. I explained the rental situation with my dad owning the house and also the car payment, it being in my parents name. They didnt really ask for proof of this--but I had it and offered it. Then they went on to ask about my credit card debt...I just told them what I used it for, the good bad and ugly--I told her a little about my husbands disability and that I had paid some of our bills up hoping his disability would have been granted and that we could get back on our feet. One thing she asked that I really am scared about....she asked about a Circuit City account, my husband had got online and made charges on this--and I told her. He is NOT an authorized user. What will happen to me? I had to tell the truth about it :( Then she asked me if I knew a Carol Dunbar?! I don't know why she asked me that, I don't have a clue who that is? All in all, this lady was so nice. She thanked me repeatedly for coming and for making them copies of all they needed (documentaion)--she wished us well and said they would be in contact with my attny. can you possibly say what is going to happen now? Will this ever be over?

Ladynred

What was charged on the Circuit City account and when did that happen ? I doubt they'll have any concern that your DH charged something w/o his name on the account, you ARE married to the guy, its not like it was identity theft. I"m guessing they're just questioning the purchases.

The question about this "Carol Dunbar" IS rather odd, perhaps she works for Circuit City (or Chase/Bank 1). Who knows where THAT came from, if its important, you'll find out.

Now all you can do is wait. The lawyer who questioned you will report back to the US Trustee and then they'll be in touch with your lawyer. You gave them everything they asked for, and then some, and answered all the questions, that's the best you can do.

I just wanted to say thank you Ladynred....you really have been so helpful and your advice invalueable. In ways, I think I got more assistance here than my lawyer who got paid ;) I know you have helpes a lot of folks too, and from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">