• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Post any insurance questions here.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

california_tom

auto insurance questions

I have questions concerning auto insurance issued by my auto loan company. I did not have insurance for 2 weeks during a three year term. Do they have a right to do this. also can they issue a insurance policy with out a license. I went to the dept of Insurance, coprorations, financial services. none of depts have the auto loan company showing they can sell auto insurance policys or have no sister company that sells auto insurance policy. but this happened back in Sept 1997 to May 1998. They charged me $2300 for insurance I did have. I have now since payed off the original loan but they are taking me to court for the $2300. When this happened i asked if I have insurance with them where is my contract and insurance card and what am i covered for and what is my deductable he said that it was a one time fee and if i got in an accident the i should give in information in my original contract for the auto loan to whom ever i got in an accident with. The company i originally had insurance with back in 1997 and 1998 closed down. I did have insurance but all i have is a bunce of payment studs to send money with.
I'd like to know where do i go from here. I called the auto loan company and they will not give me any information about a company that they work with to issue auto insurance. I had my sister call and the lady told her that they only do mortage and auto loans. please help. I have to be in court on the 7th of December. Also is it normal to get my papers to appear 4 working days away from the court date?

Thank you, Thomas

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">