• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

post divorce decree issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? Illinois.

Was divorced 5 years ago and was awarded sole custody of my child.

Received a letter from the ex's attorney stating that there was a scibner's error and is CLAIMING that I received 50% of 401(k) of the entire participants account instead of 50% of the marital portion. They are looking to recoup a huge amount to off set amount (alledged) by withholding child support payment for a period of time.

Since there was agreement between all parties (including the judge), can this be implemented? Who is to be held accountable?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential