• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

post-LASIK surgery 'contract' question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sms65965

My eye surgery fee, paid in full up front, included a full year of follow-up examinations, to mainly be done by a co-managing physician. The Laser Center has a contract (I assume) with the co-managing doctor. My co-managing doctor moved away before my 1 year follow-up, and TLC referred me to another affilitated doctor, who charged me for the visit. I called TLC to ask about it, and I was told that TLC had paid my previous doctor the full co-management fee up-front, and now that she had moved, it was my problem, as TLC "couldn't pay twice." No where in the literature or consent form does it mention this as my responsibility. I was told and understood all my visits were paid for. So, I am the one who has paid for a service twice, and I believe my contract was with TLC--not the co-managing doctor. THEY (TLC) had a contract with the co-managing doctor and decided to pay her all the money before services for 1 year were rendered. Do I have any recourse? I live in North Carolina.

E

ed

Although it is hard to say without seeing all the paperwork, I believe your analysis is correct. As I see it, you have two choices: Small Claims Court or get an attorney to write them a letter. Sometimes that gets people's attention.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">