• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Post Termination denial of vacation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wireless_guy

I live in California. I was, without warning terminated due to staffing issues. I was still on the schedule for another two weeks. My last paycheck did not have a payout for any of my vacation time.

When I requested payout for my vacation time, I was told that I was part time and that I was never supposed to receive vacation time, and that is was just a mistake that I had been accruing vacation time on my paycheck for 6+ months.

Can an employer decide after the fact, that they were mistakenly giving you vacation time? I never received any policy or manual or anything.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It's not unusual for part time employees to be ineligible for vacation. If it was, indeed, an error on the employer's part, they are not required by law to compound their error.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">