• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

posts closed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mommyto 2

What is the name of your state? New Jersey
How does a post get closed? I had a post, went out, came back and it was closed. Who does this?

StarsMoon

I don't know either. Mine did the same thing not more than 30 mins ago.
I clicked on something and it showed to either delete the post or unlock it and I unlocked it, then I refreshed the page and I was able to reply again...
Hold on and I'll see what it was that I used to unlock the post...
BRB...

S

shell007

Either the "original poster" locks the thread OR the "forum administrator does".

S

shell007

mommyto 2 said:
Glad it is not just me, two of my posts were also deleted. Weird!!!
Post can/will be deleted by the forum administrator IF he/she does not think it's appropriate. For whatever reason.

The format of the MB and all forums within, were changed suddenly today.

Normally, The original poster (the one who started the thread) can lock a thread. Or an administrator can lock a thread.

But since the format changed today..It is possible there might be a *bug* or overlooked area of the board...like the size of the font;)

mommyto 2

I didn't think I wrote anything inappropriate. Plus another post from my thread was removed, oh well, I guess someone is trying to tell me something, or maybe it is a bug.

StarsMoon

Go to your post and click on the thread tools, then it will show you if you want to open or delete your post.
But yeah, it has to be the forum administators, if not the person who opens the thread...then....
I know its the friendly internet-ghost that keeps trickin things out.....:p

StarsMoon said:
Go to your post and click on the thread tools, then it will show you if you want to open or delete your post.
But yeah, it has to be the forum administators, if not the person who opens the thread...then....
I know its the friendly internet-ghost that keeps trickin things out.....:p
No... read my previous post;)

Last edited:

mommyto 2

I guess it cold be due to the change of format, this font size is killing me, an evil reminder that I am getting older.

mommyto 2 said:
I guess it cold be due to the change of format, this font size is killing me, an evil reminder that I am getting older.
LOL....not an "OLDER" thing...I am going blind and getting headaches just reading this fine print!:cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">