• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Potential Employer Discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mom-to-be

I am currently 3 months pregnant and looking for a new job. I understand that a potential employer may not discriminate due to possible pregnancy, but should I disclose that I am pregnant? If I do should it be at the interview or after a position has been offered to me? I do plan to return to work after the birth, but I cannot say that I will for sure. Please Help.

A

Attorney_Replogle

You are right that an employer may not discriminate against a woman because of her being pregnant. I don't know that I can offer you advice as to when to tell the employer of your beingn pregnant. Of course I am sure you will consider the employer's side of the equation. The employer will likely have to hire a temporary replacement for you while you are out on maternity leave. Plus, keep your position available for you until you make your decision to come back or quit. See, so as you know your decision as to when to tell the employer is not really so much a legal question as much of consideration, planning, etc.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">