• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Power of Attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

donpa

What is the name of your state? Indiana
I have a General Durable Power of Attorney and Health Care Representative Appointment. A clause in it states " To delegate authority to one (1) or more persons of any or all powers given any Attorney-in-Fact in accord with the provisons of I.C. 30-5-5-18." The letter that I type up to delegate a person to act jointly and severally as Attorney-in-Fact to have all powers specified in the document dated 11th day of April, 2008. a copy of said document is attached. Does that letter have to be notarized .

justalayman

What a notarized signature does is simply state the notary states the person signing has proven themselves to them to actuslly be that person. Unless you would contest your signature, it doesn’t really matter

Be aware that an entity is not obligated to accept your agency or the agency created by your assignment of rights. In other words, most entities can ignore the poa if,they choose.

The Indiana department of revenue has a specific form that must be used

https://www.in.gov/dor/3802.htm

Other entities may require a special form or even a court’s declaration of validity of the poa assigned to you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">