• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

power of atty & partition sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

deinpa

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I have a problem and I need advice asap. My sister and I are co-owners (in name only) of a property in PA, since 1993. She has recently sent me ppwk for assumption of mortgage, which I am not in a position to do. And the latest thing is, she has sent me a forbearance agreement and an irrevocable power of atty. She is attempting to force me to sign. Her lawyer sent me a letter with a deadline of 10/02/02, or else he will take me to court for a partition sale.

The mortgage payments have not been a day late in 10 yrs. She has not put 1 dime into the payments or this property in 10 yrs. In fact she has been stealing money set aside for mortgage payments, emergencies, and even a damage payment from the homeowners insurance.

She has also been taking the deductions for head of household, claiming my mother as a dependent, and declaring all the interest, taxes ect., on her taxes every year.

I have invested thousands in repairs, upgrades, etc. Not to mention all of the mortgage payments. She is a real estate agent. Can she really force me to :
1 - Take this huge loss, investment in repairs, mortgage interest?
2 - What %age is she entitled to, even though she has paid zero?
3 - How can I stop this?

Thank You.

HomeGuru

deinpa said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I have a problem and I need advice asap. My sister and I are co-owners (in name only) of a property in PA, since 1993. She has recently sent me ppwk for assumption of mortgage, which I am not in a position to do. And the latest thing is, she has sent me a forbearance agreement and an irrevocable power of atty. She is attempting to force me to sign. Her lawyer sent me a letter with a deadline of 10/02/02, or else he will take me to court for a partition sale.

The mortgage payments have not been a day late in 10 yrs. She has not put 1 dime into the payments or this property in 10 yrs. In fact she has been stealing money set aside for mortgage payments, emergencies, and even a damage payment from the homeowners insurance.

She has also been taking the deductions for head of household, claiming my mother as a dependent, and declaring all the interest, taxes ect., on her taxes every year.

I have invested thousands in repairs, upgrades, etc. Not to mention all of the mortgage payments. She is a real estate agent. Can she really force me to :
1 - Take this huge loss, investment in repairs, mortgage interest?
2 - What %age is she entitled to, even though she has paid zero?
3 - How can I stop this?

Thank You.

**A: you have several options but first, DO NOT SIGN anything.
You can do nothing and wait for her to file the partition, then file a counterclaim or you can fool her and file partition first.
In any case, you need to hire an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">