• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

%ppd and an IME

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lhbalio

Live and work in ohio. Injured my back at work in 04/2000. Employer (WC) paid for surgery and rehab. I recently submitted an application for %ppd. I now have a IME scheduled. What should I expect at this dr's appt? Is there a standard rating they use for a lumbar laminectomy & discectomy L5-S-1? How do they calculate the award? Will this award take away from my settlement, if I choose to settle? I have been experiencing problems with my back recently and WC approved a MRI with my surgeon. This MRI revealed disc dehydration and bulging at L5-S1 with enlargement and enhancement of the right S1 nevre root.(what does that mean!) I will not see my dr again for two weeks. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Any clue to lump sum settlement amounts would be helpful.

ellencee

lhbalio
First, you need to ask your physician to explain the MRI findings to you.
Basing my answer on your level of understanding as stated in your post, I hesitate to provide an interpretation of the findings on the MRI as I believe you will need the MRI films as a visual reference for gaining an understanding of your situation.
You state you had a laminectomy and discetomy of the very vertebral bodies that now show dehydration, etc. Without the medical records and the films to review, I can not provide you with the proper answer. A brief note regarding the S1 nerve root, it is swelled and requires treatment in order to prevent permanent damage to this nerve; please follow up with your physician in a timely manner.
Secondly, the %ppd and IME appointment are usually a part of settlement procedures and not a totally unrelated issue. The information gained from the rating and the IME appointment is used in calculating the settlement amount.
Beth3 may have further information on this part of your post and I defer to her.

L

lhbalio

ellencee

Thanks for the info. PS I really dig your J.R.Tolkien quote.

Thanks again,
I dont know who or how to get a hold of beth3 to get her advice- if you could help me out I would appreciate it. First time on one these boards.

[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">