• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pre-certification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jackrabbit

husband was all set to have back surgery done.all of a sudden insurance wants to have him see another doctor for sefcond opinion.they make the appt and tell us doctors name and location.my husband's appt is at 1:20 in a town about 60 miles from us,i'm sorry he is to see the doctor this monday.we have made all of the arrangements.
today we get home from work, doctor's office is already closed, and have a letter stating our appt time and day, correct BUT then it says it is in a huge town about a 2 hours drive from us.this cannot be right. any comments?apparently the doctor has two offices but not once was this big town mentioned to us.when i said we made all the arrangements i meant like taking time offf from work, the transportation method's,yada, yada, but the insurance co made all the other arrangements and now it will be trhe day of the appt before we can tell them we can't make it.what is the best way to handle this? i am wondering if the insurance company is stalling. thanks!even though they are to pay full expenses of the second opinion will we be charged a fee of some type for cancellation?through no fault of our own?

L

louisville1971

yes the insurance company is stalling. contact the insurance co and ask why now do they want a second opm. and ask why it is in a town so far away. tell them that you are going to contact the dept of ins. that will get the ball rolling

J

jackrabbit

thanks!

thank you for the advice.things are going better now.take care.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">