• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pre-existing Condition Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Missouri

My fiance's son was taken to the hospital for what turned out to be constipation in 2003. He had tests over a several day period in which a month to month policy was renewed with the same company. Because his first claim was on one monthly policy, they denied the second as a preexisting condition. Can they do this?

ALawyer

I am unclear about your question. You posted this in the Life Insurance section. It seems to be a health insurance question.

Also, I am not sure what you are talking about in terms of "month to month" coverage in life insurance or health insurance. All these coverages are essentially month to month at the option of the insured; if you don't pay your premium the coverage lapses. You seem to be talking about a type of policy that the insurance company issues from month to month, and I do not know of companies that do that.

I am also not sure if you are talking about a claim that he made the second month that was denied, or if having had a claim in month 1 they would not issue new coverage in month 2.

Please clarify.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">