• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pre-Existing preventing Psychiatry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

convoy71

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Most major health insurances (until I believe its 2014) either are preventing or prevented by "No Pre-existing" rule and the new PA State Fairhealth Care Insurance will not cover mental health unless serious.

Id like to talk to a psychiatrist for mental health issues for past abuse. So what do I do.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You are seriously misunderstanding the law. The law does not say that insurance carriers are prevented from covering a pre-existing condition; quite the opposite. The law says that insurance carriers cannot consider a condition to be pre-existing except in very limited circumstances. Therefore, rather than being prevented from covering it, they MUST cover it (as long as it would otherwise be covered under the terms of the policy).

convoy71

Prove me, the pre-existing rule wrong...Then pre-existing rule is was congress had to create a new health care system for people with pre-existing conditions.

In 2014 the rule becomes abolished...So what are you talking about?

My wife has alot of pre-exisiting and other problems...Only Access and a statefair health will accept her problems. Geinsenger health insurance as did many others turned her down.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
That's a different situation altogether. Your first post sounded as if you were already covered on a health plan and you thought it was going to deny claims.

Are you employed? Does your employer offer insurance?

convoy71

I was on their health insurance, then cancelled due to circumstances we found very ignorant. the company with thru a bankruptcy, is still operating, but cancelled all benefits...we thought about obtaining it again once we get paper work- but just remembered they are considered partial health insurance and do not cover health nor ER unless doctor deems life threatening.

So yes I do NOT have health insurance at all, only wife and son due via Access. I dont have health issues, so Id pass there but mental issues which are not covered unless serious (probably retardation, etc).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">