• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pre-existing???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

franniemae

at the time i took out a loan with a consumer finance company i purchased credit disability insurance. about 6 months into the contract i had to have neck surgery to repair disc... when i submitted my credit disability claim to the loan company i was told they would not cover it because it was considered pre-existing. i did have prior neck surgery but it was for a different disc. is this considered pre-existing?

ALawyer

Someone would really have to read the ENTIRE policy you bought (including the marketing material and possibly the master policy), any application you filled out, and understand the condition, review your medical records and know the medical circumstances to be able to tell you, and maybe know how courts in the state have interppreted the policy.

But just because they say it does NOT make it so. On the otherhand, if the doctor had told you this is a problem too and we'll have to address the first vertebrea and if that does not work, maybe the second, it sure is....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">