• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pre-exsisting conditions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tammy8

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? NC

After being without health insurance for a yr due to my husband losing his job and no way being able to afford COBRA, my husband will be able to get insurance again in a couple of weeks. I understand that since we have been without health insurance, they will pay for no pre exsisting conditions; however does that also apply to prescriptions? I have been using minimal meds (stayed on blood pressure and anxiety meds). I have been without my allergy medicine, except what samples I can get from my doctor (and I only had my yrly physical last yr which of course I paid out of pocket). Would the pre-exsisting conditions include prescriptions? I desperately need to get back on allergy medicine but don't know if the prescripition card would include anything I have been on the past yr (bp and anxiety meds) and cover for me to get back on allergy meds.

The new company is BCBS out of California.

Thanks!

JETX

No one on this forum can answer your question factually. That is because the answer depends entirely on the insurance program in place and how it interprets your pre-existing conditions. You will have to ask your questions of the insurance representative.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">