• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pre-Nup sign help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
We (my GF and I) have discussed about the debts. And she agreed that if any one take personal loans during marriage then the other person should not be held responsible for the debt during divorce.
So I am just trying to understand if it is acceptable in Pre-nups to add this clause and will it be legal ?
Great question for your attorney.

Interestingly enough, I *DO* know the answer about, and possible pitfalls of, such a clause. Of course, since you don't want to hear what anyone says here, your best bet is to ask your attorney.
You never answered about if the Debt clause can or can not be in the Pre-Nup but always suggesting "Hire an attorney".
If you DO know the answer then suggest with Pros or Cons of such clause. It is upto the person if he want to follow it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">