• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pre-trial Diversion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bummerific

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I was wondering how I would check to see if my charge has been expunged. I was arrested for underaged drinking and when I went to court I pleaded pre-trial diversion. I went to an alcohol class, paid court fees and was on unsupervised probation. I am asking this because I would not be able to become a police officer as long as these charges are not expunged.

Can I check on this online? Or Where must I go?
---Bummerific

hdianne

Bummerific said:
What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I was wondering how I would check to see if my charge has been expunged. I was arrested for underaged drinking and when I went to court I pleaded pre-trial diversion. I went to an alcohol class, paid court fees and was on unsupervised probation. I am asking this because I would not be able to become a police officer as long as these charges are not expunged.

Can I check on this online? Or Where must I go?
---Bummerific
If you have money you can do a background check on yourself online to see if it shows up. Just google background check. As far as becoming a police officer they will know about your record even if it was expunged.

Bummerific

I am already aware that they will know about the charge, for one thing I have already told them about it and they told me that it would have to be expunged before I could even be considered. I just need to know if pre-trial diversion automatically expunges it or will I have to go to court again and have it expunged.

hdianne

Bummerific said:
I am already aware that they will know about the charge, for one thing I have already told them about it and they told me that it would have to be expunged before I could even be considered. I just need to know if pre-trial diversion automatically expunges it or will I have to go to court again and have it expunged.
I'm not sure, maybe someone else on here will know. Can you still get in contact with your lawyer? I'd ask him/her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">