• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

precident for insured interest in property held by trust?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

allisoncarter

What is the name of your state? California

I am occupying a home that is held by a trust by my father. The purpose of the seperate property trust is for the title to the home to revert to me lien free upon his death. I have been the occupant of the house since purchase and have a considerable amount of my personal funds and labor invested in improvemets. The house recently suffered a loss due to an accidental fire. The home was under insured and a policy was sold as though i is a rental property with no contents coverage and excluded me from any coverage. I want to know if there are any precidents involving insurable interests to property for insurance purposes for family members who occupy a home as beneficiaries of a trust held property when the property is insured.

thank you for any help youcan give me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">