• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Preferral of Charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NebraskaState

Good afternoon. I've researched my case (for appeal) but a lot of the information is not clear to me. What is the difference between "preferral of charges" and "titling"? I was "titled" with a charge on 5 April. The preferral of charges is dated 23 April with a different charge. I had a hearing on 29 May. But in the summary of the investigation the 'titling' for the preferred charge didn't happen until 10 July. Does 'preferal of a charge' just mean they're recommending the charge and 'titling' mean officially charged? Thanks.

NebraskaState

Sorry I wasn't clear. I'm interested in appealing. I no longer have counsel. I just wanted to know the difference between titling and preferral of charges since the titling came later and they happened months apart.

FlyingRon

Preferral refers to the accusing person filing the charges. Titling means your the subject of an investigation that may or may not lead to the preferral of charges.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">