• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pregnancy and prenatal health coverage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jacobs314

I live in ohio. we just recently changed our insurance coverage and I'm pregnant. We did the same thing when I was pregnant with my first child and I was told at that time that pregnancy could not be considered a pre-existing condition and that the new insurance company would cover the prenatal costs and the labor and delivery of my child. Now the new insurance company is saying that they will not cover the pregnancy because I was pregnant before I took this job and got on the new insurance. Is it in fact a state law that it has to be covered or no?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If there was a break in coverage where you had no insurance for 63 days or more, then pre-existing condition can come into play; however, I was under the impression that under HIPAA, which is a Federal law, pregnancy could not be considered a pre-existing condition under any circumstances. Check with the US DOL.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">