• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pregnancy Discrimination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HRZ

Colorado has its own set of laws that may provide greater / broader protections for the needs of pregnant workers ...the Pregnant Worker Fairness Act ..firm of ..Jackson Lewis has a copyrighted article on point and I am sure there are others

rrwatson04

right, i'm not asking to displace another employee all I am asking is to maintain some of my hours doing admin. Also, because I am a bcba candidate the HR rep stated this was the only reason they were keeping me on for the 15 hours weekly, if not for that fact then they would have put me on unpaid leave.

ShyCat

right, i'm not asking to displace another employee all I am asking is to maintain some of my hours doing admin.
There's a finite amount of admin work to be done. If they have, for example, 80 hours of admin work to do and two full-time employees doing that admin work, how do you expect to "maintain some of your hours doing admin" without displacing one of those employees?

HRZ

IF the CO act provides for broader issues / accommodations then I would look harder at it. ..and at least the literature about CO addresses schedule modifications ..which is apparently what OP requested ...and light duty ..which is not what she requested ..but apparently the employer provides for some other workers ...it's unclear how 45 lb fits the situation..it seems like she meets that ....

whether a pregnant woman can be prevented from working at her job in an environment that poses physical risks ( of being struck by a client ) I will gladly defer to others .

I don't read OP in context of requesting " administration " until AFTER she was informed about her massive hour cut .

HRZ

OP...in your shoes, I'd keep good safe ( off site ) written logs of who said what when. And I would take great care to follow employer directives and do my job well etc.

IN the meantime and rather soon and with ZERO comments at work or among friends or social media posting ..I would review my fact pattern with a CO lawyer whose practice area focuses on employment discrimination.

IF and It's still an IF question, IF the employers actions seem inconsistent with the CO act , you must file a complaint with state as to employers failure to accommodate or whatever within 6 Months of the start of all this , NOT the 300 day deadline as might apply for matters of joint state / federal coverage ...absent any Federal issues. As others post, your pregnancy issues may not fall under any relevant Federal protection umbrella ...my crystal ball is not working on that. .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">