• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pregnant abusive BF threatens to take BAby

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

so worried

Junior Member
What is the name of your state? TX...Moving to NY.

Any Help will be appreciated...I am Pregnant and The Father to Be has just been removed from our apartment because of his emotional abuse and Threats of physical violence...I am From NY and He is From KC...Upon being removed he moved back to KC...And Promises to take the baby from me..His family has money and I do not...I begged him to stay in TX and help with the baby...He pays child support (divorced) for 2 other children and says he doesnt want me to file on him..He wont pay support for a child he doesnt see.. so he will take it from me.....I don't care either way about the money... I just dont want to spend the rest of my childs life worried about him running off with him on a visit or something...I have filed for restraining order In TX and have police reports and so on....and since my family is in NY and and cant stay in TX alone... I am considering moving Back to NY....I dont know if he is trying to Scare me or what... I dont know what to do...He has already called CPS making false allegation of drug abuse on my behalf and has also registerd to a spy website to track me all over the world if necessary he says...Can he Take my BAby... IF he files for custody can he force me to take paternity test... Can he force me to bring the baby for visits ? What are my rights as a single mother with an abusive father to be?


Senior Member
If He is Not listed as the Father you can moved to NY .

He would then have to find your whereabouts and file For Paternity test m Custody/Visits .

Your restraining Order would not be valid in NY , i would not think .

Threats are Just that Threats .

If the restraining order was Just for you , and the baby is not icluded , IF paternity is established , He could seek Custody / Visits , but unlee you can be proved unfit , he doesn't have a good chance of Custody .

Plus , He chose to move out of State first .


Senior Member
Move to NY before your child is born then NY will have jurisdiction, he will also be responsible for child support until age 21.

Report the internet spying, that is a recognized form of domestic violence.

Yes, you can ask that they enforce the restraining order in NY.

You can apply for, welfare, medicaid and WIC, and the state will open a child support case, however, they will do a DNA test.

Just because he makes threats doesn't mean that he qill get custody as long as you are a fit parent and his history of DV will affect it.

Most likely, if you petition the court to establish paternity and he is proved to be the father, you will be awarded sole custody and child support, this will also happen if you apply for state aid. It is up to him to apply for custody and visitation. If he does, it is unlikely he will be awarded any more than supervised visitation while the child is an infant, HOWEVER, his parents might try to have the supervised visitation with them. It would be best that any visitation be in NY only and at a state approved agency.

Why are you afraid of a DNA test? If he is the father, he pays for the test, if he is not, you pay for the test.

If this is not his child, the advice would be different.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential