• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pregnant and hit by high risk driver of other car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JenSue

In Ohio..

I was 7 months pregnant when I was hit by a high risk driver who ran a red light at an intersection. The speed limit was 35 and she was doing in excess of 50. I never saw it coming.. I was the 5th car thru the green light.. and it was a four lane intersection. My safe volvo was in the shop .. so I was driving an Rx-7- she had a newer chevy Lumina. Not exactly a fair contest. Seatbelts don't fit well over your belly.. although I was wearing one and I cracked the windshield with my head.. my right foot was caught under gas pedal. She hit the left front quarter of my vehicle.. and spun me so fast that my left back side caught her back side and she proceeded thru. Among other things.. the frame twisted.. the dash cracked..from the pressure of the impact. I am sure another .5 sec. thru the intersection and I would not be here.. fortunately the rotary engine took the majority of the impact.. the car was nearly sliced in half at that point.
I was in ICU for 9 days.. in labor for 5.. with many complications. The baby was in shock at first..then went into tachycardium.. (heart rate was above 195 bpm) Except for nightmares and a still swollen right ankle I am happy to report I and the baby survived.. yesterday was my 2 year anniversary.
My big question...she went to court before I even got out of the hospital.. how does someone keep irresponsible drivers off the road? She was not injured in the accident.. she has caused and totaled several cars in the past and carried minimum insurance.. 12,500 in Ohio. My medical bills for the hospital stay alone were close to 40,000. Thank God I had uninsured of 100,000. It also pays underinsured.
My husband and I tried for 4 years to have our baby.. and someone.. who was highrisk and careless.. snuff.. nearly wiped me off this earth.. let alone our daughter.
This woman was a "welfare mom" with no assests, living in Section 8 housing.. no use squeezing blood out of a turnip. Two years... I am not so mad anymore.. but darn scared when I go through intersections.
To all those who say.. I should just be grateful.. I am everyday I see those big brown eyes smiling at me from the crib..
I just don't want one of those high-risk drivers.. speeding thru an intersection, music cranked to hit you.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JenSue:
In Ohio..

I was 7 months pregnant when I was hit by a high risk driver who ran a red light at an intersection. The speed limit was 35 and she was doing in excess of 50. I never saw it coming.. I was the 5th car thru the green light.. and it was a four lane intersection. My safe volvo was in the shop .. so I was driving an Rx-7- she had a newer chevy Lumina. Not exactly a fair contest. Seatbelts don't fit well over your belly.. although I was wearing one and I cracked the windshield with my head.. my right foot was caught under gas pedal. She hit the left front quarter of my vehicle.. and spun me so fast that my left back side caught her back side and she proceeded thru. Among other things.. the frame twisted.. the dash cracked..from the pressure of the impact. I am sure another .5 sec. thru the intersection and I would not be here.. fortunately the rotary engine took the majority of the impact.. the car was nearly sliced in half at that point.
I was in ICU for 9 days.. in labor for 5.. with many complications. The baby was in shock at first..then went into tachycardium.. (heart rate was above 195 bpm) Except for nightmares and a still swollen right ankle I am happy to report I and the baby survived.. yesterday was my 2 year anniversary.
My big question...she went to court before I even got out of the hospital.. how does someone keep irresponsible drivers off the road? She was not injured in the accident.. she has caused and totaled several cars in the past and carried minimum insurance.. 12,500 in Ohio. My medical bills for the hospital stay alone were close to 40,000. Thank God I had uninsured of 100,000. It also pays underinsured.
My husband and I tried for 4 years to have our baby.. and someone.. who was highrisk and careless.. snuff.. nearly wiped me off this earth.. let alone our daughter.
This woman was a "welfare mom" with no assests, living in Section 8 housing.. no use squeezing blood out of a turnip. Two years... I am not so mad anymore.. but darn scared when I go through intersections.
To all those who say.. I should just be grateful.. I am everyday I see those big brown eyes smiling at me from the crib..
I just don't want one of those high-risk drivers.. speeding thru an intersection, music cranked to hit you.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for sharing and I am happy that you and baby are doing fine.
I was in a rear ender 3 years ago and got hit by a large Dodge Ram truck going 50 mph. on a freeway offramp. I was stopped at a red light. Luckily I was driving my SUV. Had I been in your RX-7, I would not be here writing to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">