• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pregnant and worried about custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cary34_mom

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I am two months from being divorced. We are sharing custody of our two daughters. I just found out I am pregnant. The child is not my soon to be ex's. We have been legally separated for years now. Could my being pregnant have a negative effect on my custodial rights?

LdiJ

cary34_mom said:
What is the name of your state? Virginia

I am two months from being divorced. We are sharing custody of our two daughters. I just found out I am pregnant. The child is not my soon to be ex's. We have been legally separated for years now. Could my being pregnant have a negative effect on my custodial rights?
No...you have been legally separated for years. However, there is no reason why your ex has to know anything about your pregnancy at this point.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">