• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pregnant stalker

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



i have a friend who dated a girl and after he finished the relationship she began stalking him. she has since said she is pregnant. she was recently arrested for breaking into his house and attacking him. a restraining order is being put in place, thus all contact should be ended. however, how will he determine if she is really pregnant or not? would he have to wait until the child is born and then have a blood test? or is there another way to determine this before the due date of the child?
it would be better to know the truth sooner than later to avoid her having an excuse to continue the harassment and be in contact with him concerning her pregnancy.
how should this be dealt with?
any advice is most appreciated.
thanks, cantona.


Senior Member
if your friend has a restraining order against her there should be no further contact by her, even if it concerns her so called pregnancy. Any contact by her is a violation of the order and your friend should contact the police to report the violation.

Does your friend believe she is pregnant? If yes, wait until the child is born. If no baby after 9 months, oh well.


Stalker Problems

StephenK is correct. A protection order is the Court's Order and she may not violate it, for any reason (except perhaps to tell you that your house is on fire and you'd better get out).

If she were rational. she would wait the 9 months, hire an attorney and pursue a paternity action. Or, if she seeks state support for her child, the state, or welfare agency, will undertake the paternity action for her. You may have to pay the state the costs, if it's your child. Nothing you can do ahead of time (except USE PROTECTION).

If she is irrational and obsessed, document all her actions, telephone calls, visits, etc. and file stalking charges on her. Then, she'll be in prision and you'll be raising the baby, if it's yours. But you will be safe!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential