• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

prelimanery hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

onegoodma

Hi im in va for starters, nice to meet you all. I have a protection order to keep my ex away from me and his son. We where going to have the preliminary hearing to it last week. But he waived his rights and didnt come to that hearing. The judge has ordered the protection order to stay in effect untill the next hearing which is a month away. Will it look bad on my ex since he waived his rights to appear at the preliminary hearing. Or does this happen all the time?? Thanx for any advice.

O

onegoodma

response

hi thanx for your response. Yes i agree with you very much about a child needing both parents. Also yes i do have a good reason to keep him away from his son. I've also tried very hard in the past to in other words"force" him to be a father. I learned the hard way that a person isnt gonna be a father unless he wants to. Also my ex didnt waive his rights to his trail to get an attorney because he had one when he waived his rights. So i'm not really sure why he didnt show up. Also trust me im not trying to use his son to get back at him. I wouldnt do that to my son i love him very much and i want two parents in his life. But his father needs to get over some problems first. He has a drug problem along with a very bad temper. I'm hoping the father will get his act together and when he does i would be more than happy to let him spend time with his son.

The It

be weary...

Just be careful about accepting advice from the "man" who wore a sign on his chest with the words "whore", "slut", "bitch" and "cun_" on it when an exchange of children took place at the police parking lot. All this done at a time when there was an active restraining order against him. This is none other than raddadthomas. Yeah, take his advice to establish a co-parent relationship - just don't follow his vindictive example.

I believe he can attest to the bad temper. Everytime he forcedly blocked her from leaving the residence to get away from his anger and threats and when he swore vilolently and threatened her at the Shari's restuarant parking lot (both witnessed by the children, one event recorded on video) he showed what a great "daddy" he was. She wanted out - he lost his control over her and it made him even more crazy than usual.

If your husband did not make his objection to the R/O when he could have, then he either acknowledges a problem, is guilty of it, or doesn't want to make any waves.

After a very verbal argument with my ex, she got a restraining order and I did not appear to contest it. I, instead, went to the VA hospital and received treatment and medication for bi-polar disorder and when I returned 3 weeks later, she withdrew the restraining order and things have been pretty kosher since.

I admit that I am bi-polar and at times in the past, I have been a little unmanageable. But, I am medicated and stable and have been since September, 1999.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">