• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

premise liability??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

twright2424

What is the name of your state?colorado
hello, long story short...was assaulted at 711 last week by a guy who grabbed the gas pump out of his vehicle and stuck it to my head spraying all over my face and inside of my ear. the pain in my ear was something i have NEVER felt before. i looked right at his license plate but opted to call 911 and try and flush my ear assuming that 711 had the entire event on tape. Turns out their malfunctioning security equipment has prevented the police from even being able to tell make and model or get a timestamp for the credit card he used. personal injury suit against 711 for premise liability???

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
What is the name of your state?colorado
personal injury suit against 711 for premise liability???
No. The 7-11 had no legal duty to you to have a functioning video security system in order for you to identify your attacker. Even had the store had that duty this would not be a case of premises liability as it is not a circumstance where the landowner is liable for the acts of the persons on the property. Moreover, even if the system was working there is no guarantee that it would have captured the information needed for you to go after the attacker nor was the fact that the system was not operating a cause of the injury you received. As quincy stated, your only cause of action here is against the driver who assaulted you.

And I'm going to bet that there is more to this story. It is very rare that a person would attack you as you describe randomly out of the blue. You had to be standing next to his car and fairly near for him to do what you stated he did. So what words or actions occurred between you that lead to this attack?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">