• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

premiums increasing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bluedock

What is the name of your state?
tx

i feel my insurance co is price gouging sp? my premiums have soared since i fell almost three yrs ago.. i have had numerous surgeries trying to fix my wrist. is there a limit to how much they can increase the premiums??? mine have gone from 200./month to 1000./month.. now how can someone disabled and not working afford such outrageous premuims. help please:confused: :mad: :eek:

ALawyer

This is something to ask your state insurance department as rates on health insurance policies are generally based on a class rate, not individual usage, assuming the same policy remained in effect.

ALawyer

One added comment. There are a few insurance companies that have begun "re-underwriting" as the process is known that raise rates based on an individual's experience. American Medical Security of Green Bay, Wisconsin, is one of them.

In some states the Insurance Commissioners have come down hard on the practice. In other states it has been allowed but ONLY IF the particular policy you bought permits the company to do that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">