• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prenup- Which state?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

ifly4food

What is the name of your state? OK (at the moment)

Here goes the story. My fiancee and I recently moved to OK from OR in my pursuit of an aviation career. We're planning on heading to Vegas to be married on her b-day next month. We've both agreed in principle to a prenup agreement. My parents recently went through a nasty divorce as have her's in the past, neither of us wants that! However I'm also wanting to protect "family money". The question I have is in regards to which state takes precedent in the unfortunate demise of our marriage. Will it be Nevada (where we'll be married) Oklahoma (currently living) or whichever other state we happen to be living in at the time. We're likely to be bouncing around a bit more with the industry the way it is right now. I've read about states that subscrib to the Universal Premarital Agreement Act, Nevada is one of those states... but would we have to be divorced there? Is a generic form ie: online from somwhere like legalzoom.com a good idea? Its quite a confusing situation for ourselves. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thankx

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">