• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prenuptial agreement asset disclosure deletion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bear518

What is the name of your state? California

I’m working on collecting copies of bank statements, real estate records for prenuptial agreements to share with the attorney digitally. My attorney said he would keep a copy locally. We are not super comfortable with copies of our every detail financial info sit in their computers indefinitely long. We trust the attorneys firm but the computers can be hacked or maybe years later the info could be leaked due to some innocent human errors. With our name, living address and all asset info in a file that could be leaked, we are worried.

My question:
  1. Is it common that the attorney keeps a copy of financial info after completing the prenup for indefinitely long?
  2. Is it reasonable to request that the copy to be deleted after we complete the prenuptial service? Or stop sharing from google drive at least after completion of the prenup service?
Thanks.

PayrollHRGuy

You're worried about hacking and you want to share via Google Drive? If you don't want them hacked don't provide them in digital format.

1 & 2
Yes, after he is done with the prenup you can ask that all the documents be returned to you.

Bear518

You're worried about hacking and you want to share via Google Drive? If you don't want them hacked don't provide them in digital format.

1 & 2
Yes, after he is done with the prenup you can ask that all the documents be returned to you.
Thank you PayrollHRGuy. Hard copies instead of digital files is an option. not sure what people usually do tho. It feels like hard copies and request those being returned is safer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">