• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

prenupual agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

predumb

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee. Can a prenup be removed from a marriage if the person in the marriage who had it drawn up requests it be?

predumb

Thanks. It was one of those situations if you'll sign it and we make it 5 years we'll tear it up. It's been almost 6 years and my spouse's attorney said he doesn't draw them up to tear them up! My thinking was it's up to husband not his attorney:confused:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thanks. It was one of those situations if you'll sign it and we make it 5 years we'll tear it up. It's been almost 6 years and my spouse's attorney said he doesn't draw them up to tear them up! My thinking was it's up to husband not his attorney:confused:
Good thinking. Hire a different lawyer and have a very basic "thing" drawn up saying something like "we agree that the prenuptial agreement entered in to on xxx is null and void. All applicable state laws relating to marital property, etc. shall govern any division should the marriage be dissolved."

The lawyer will be able to say it much better ;)

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee. Can a prenup be removed from a marriage if the person in the marriage who had it drawn up requests it be?
Both parties have to "draw it up" so both parties must consent to the voiding of it.

las365

Maybe the attorney is speaking for hubby and hubby just won't admit it... yeah, I'm just stirring up trouble. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">