• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PreSchool Closed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Star134

Hi...last week i got a call from my childs daycare saying they were closing down..so she left a couple messages on my machine saying we could pick the girls things up and i would get my money back for this week..Well i have left message after message and she will not return them..I sat there one day for an hour waiting for someone to show up...no one.i left a note on the door for her to call me ..Nothing.All i really want to know is what can i do to get our things back and try and get our money refunded back...We are in delaware

[This message has been edited by Star134 (edited September 11, 2000).]

JETX

Send the daycare (or operator) a letter (certified is best) advising that you have been trying to contact them re: their promised refund and the recovery of property left in their custody. Ask them to contact you within 3(?) days of receipt to resolve this issue. If not contacted, you will reluctantly be forced to proceed with small claims court process against them to recover your property, or the monetary value.

Then, if you don't get your property, file a complaint with your local small claims court.

------------------
Steve Halket
Judgment Recovery of Houston
[email protected]
-----------------------
This is my PERSONAL OPINION and is not legal advice! Consult your local attorney for your specific situation and laws!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">